Tips & Resources
- Bring a reusable water bottle that you can keep at your desk. You will be more inclined to drink water throughout the day.
- Getting outside for a short 10-minute walk will help to re-energize your day, increase your focus, blow off steam, burn calories and boost your metabolism.
- Walking during your lunch break can boost your overall productivity, mental relaxation and energy level.
- Increasing the amount of time that you stand during the work day helps your circulation, your back, your focus and can even can help with weight loss.
- Snack right. Keep a supply of almonds, fresh fruit or chopped veggies at work.
- Local 5K and 10K walks and runs are a great way to keep active. Sign up with your colleagues and train together during lunch breaks. Participating as part of a team can give a great sense of achievement.
- Put the power of health apps to work for you. Download apps for tracking physical activity, healthy eating and mindfulness.
- To prevent eye strain, make sure your screen is about an arm's length away. If you can't read your screen easily from that distance, increase the font size on your computer.
- If you use public transportation to get to work, get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way!
- Biking to work is a great way to stay fit, avoid traffic delays, save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Ask your employer to provide healthy foods options at meetings, conferences and catered events.
- Take stress relief breaks (i.e., meditation, walking or just closing the office door).